Elm Developer (d/f/m)
We are diesdas.digital, a digital studio from Berlin, focusing on branding and building digital products with clients such as Red Bull, ZEIT ONLINE or the city of Düsseldorf. Our team consists of programmers, designers, project managers, strategists and office managers – although we have a shiny office in Berlin all of our employees currently work remotely and a large part will stay distributed even after the pandemic.
From the very beginning when we were still a small development team Elm has been embraced by our developers. Now about 3 years later we have people working full-time with Elm, built multiple projects with it and we want to take that even further together with you.
What you can expect:
- a team of 9 developers all with Elm experience, but different levels ranging from junior to senior
- the possibility to build 2D and 3D single and multiplayer games using Elm on the job
- embracing Elm’s unique guarantees for new innovations, for example Erkal added a reliable replay function to our games, which is possible thanks to Elm‘s managed effects and type checker
- the motivation to expand the use of Elm beyond games and smaller interactive elements in our projects
A perfect match:
- is knowledgable in CSS and would choose it over elm-ui
- has experience with building small to big Elm applications
- brings even more diversity to our team
- knows about the benefits of functional programming, but isn’t afraid of choosing object-oriented programming when it makes sense
We intentionally called this a perfect match, because we are not perfect either, so we don’t expect you to match all of the points above. Therefore please don’t hesitate to apply even if none if the points above match.
What else you should know:
- Full-time or part-time, where full-time is a maximum of 38h/week for everyone
- 30 days of holidays yearly + an extra day off on your birthday
- the job can be entirely remote (in Berlin-compatible timezones), but if you want to move to Berlin we’ll support you financially in doing so
- yearly budget for your own professional development
- entirely flexible working hours
- our employees come from 10+ nationalities, so speaking English fluently is required, speaking German a nice-to-have
Sounds good? Then it’s your turn now! Send us a message with some lines about yourself, your motivation, earliest start date and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll take it from there. 😊