Meetings and rituals
Each bigger project team usually comes together every morning for a quick sync. This is not meant to be a report, but rather help facilitate self-organisation within the team. Each person briefly answers three questions:
- What did you work on yesterday?
- What are you going to do today?
- Anything that’s blocking you?
The daily stand-up shouldn’t last longer than 15mins.
Show & Tell
Our bi-weekly Show & Tell is an opportunity to share project updates and findings with the rest of the team. Topics are picked beforehand you’ll typically get a 5-10 min time slot.
Each team has their own specific rituals for project sharebacks and discipline-related exchanges. For us, this is the perfect opportunity to nerd out with like-minded people.
We love being in the flow and know that meetings can get in the way of focus time. That’s why we’ve implemented some ground rules for meetings at Diesdas:
- Consider if it really needs to be a meeting
- Find a time slot with minimal distraction by checking everyone’s calendars
- End your meeting at :50 or :55 to give people a short break before their next task
- Invite all participants necessary to make a decision
- Make sure the calendar invite includes a Google Meet link
- Always book a room if you’re meeting in the office
- Provide an agenda and/or clear goals